Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
WHH has applied for a donor grant and is very confident to be awarded these funds. It must be understood that an employment contract will only be given if the grant is awarded to WHH. The foreseen project aims at strengthening livelihoods for vulnerable, conflict-affected communities in Telafar district, Ninewa through cash for work and rehabilitation of agricultural infrastructure rehabilitation.
M&E Officer (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until December 31, 2018. The place of work will be in Zummar, in Iraq (IQ).
The general objective of the position is to enhance project quality, monitor results and impact of emergency response field-related activities and share lessons learned. Also,The M&E Officer will work to ensure that children, women and other vulnerable community members are actively participating in all project and M&E activities.
Assessments, data collection, analysis and reporting:
- Conduct multi-sectoral needs assessments, focus groups discussions, and key informant interviews for project decision making and reporting;
- Recruit enumerators in close collaboration with the Project Officer
- Process and analyze data (both qualitative and quantitative) collected by WHH staff and enumerators from needs assessments, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews with technical support from the MEAL department as required;
- Train enumerators specifically for the above-mentioned activities;
- Together with the Senior Project Officer and MEAL department develop assessment plans with a clear research methodology, timeframe, locations and approach;
- Assist the Senior Project Officer and Head of Project in writing multi-sectoral needs assessments and PDM reports, with support from the MEAL department as required;
- Support future research and advocacy activities as assigned by the Senior Project Officer;
- Monitor and evaluate overall program outputs and impact in accordance with WHH guidelines in collaboration with the MEAL department.
- Work with the MEAL department to develop and maintain a MEAL plan to manage and communicate MEAL activities for ongoing emergency programming;
- During program distributions (cash/SNFI/WASH/FNS or other), prepare and establish a help desk/information table for community members to answer beneficiary questions and receive feedback and complaints;
- Promptly provide information on complaints and feedback to the Accountability Officer (MEAL department) for follow up;
- Ensure that all beneficiaries receive the assistance communicated to them by conducting accountability surveys and spot checks during distributions. Following distributions, write accountability reports and compare these to monthly MEAL department accountability reports for continuous learning and improvement;
- Conduct PDM surveys using an appropriate sample size, 4 to 6 weeks following a distribution; analyse the data and write PDM reports, share with the MEAL department for comment;
Collaborate with the MEAL Expert to consolidate and document lessons learned and share with relevant internal/external stakeholders (via blogs, clusters or other) pertaining to needs assessments, accountability, gender and social inclusion
- Support the emergency team at ongoing distribution events when needed (registration, help desk etc.);
- Represent the project/program in front of relevant stakeholders;
- Regularly share information on lessons learnt in the field;
- Perform other duties as required.
In addition to the above, the M&E Officers may be asked to carry out other duties as requested.
These position is based in Zummar (Governorate of Nineveh), with frequent travels to Duhok.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant position and field (statistics, administration, economics, management,);
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a relevant position (statistics, administration, economics, management), preferably with an international NGO;
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Good knowledge to work with MS-Office, in particular EXCEL and ACCESS, E-mail and internet.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and deal successfully in multi-cultural environments;
- Committed, honest and eager to learn.
WHH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The applicants must be sure that they are legally authorized to work in Iraq. The short-listed candidates will be asked a copy of their working permit/residency card.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.