Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
In Iraq, Mission East provides assistance for both urgent basic needs for those displaced by violence as well as longer-term support for returnees and IDPs in protracted displacement settings. Our current programme includes NFI and shelter, cash transfers, WASH assistance, livelihoods support, protection and psychosocial support activities delivered through multi-purpose community centres.
More information on Mission East can be found at: https://missioneast.org
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support the IT & Logistics Officer from Erbil with basic IT tasks for the Sinuni Office when required.
- Plays an active role in procurement of inventory & assets and various kinds of expendable supplies necessary for the smooth functioning of Erbil office by foreseeing needs and prosing solutions.
- Collect quotations and process basic procurements, whilst learning and developing to take on more complex procurements.
- Tasks include raising PRs, completing direct purchases, collecting quotations in the market, assisting to complete bid analysis etc all
according to Mission Easts Procurement Procedures Prepare and maintain documentation as per the minimum paperwork requirements by the organisation, including Purchase Order, Tendering/Bidding Documentation, Bid Analysis, Goods Receipt Report, Service Completion Certificate and Payment Request, etc.
- Ensure that procurement tracking is current and updated with regular reporting to the Logistics and IT Manager for any concerns, If required ensure timely & accurate logistics reporting;
- Arrange and ensure accommodation and travel arrangements for the office personnel as per movement plans & TARs.
- Maintain records and files of lease, service, maintenance and follow-up lease contracts and service contracts by notifying the Logistics & IT Manager.
- Manage the fleet seeking guidance from the Logistics Team in Erbil, by sending out weekly movement plans, updating the travel board, communicating with the drivers and being the focal person for transportation requirements for the Erbil Office Support Security with the weekly vehicle checks.
- Ensure that the Driver(s) fill in the log sheets accurately when travelling for accurate fuel reporting. Ensure that logbooks are checked for mileage when compensating for fuel according to the driver(s) contracts.
- University degree in business management or Economics/ manufacturing/engineering.
- Two years related experience with NGOs is required
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional background
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good level of computer literacy
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
- A strong level in written and verbal English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Willingness to travel to Kirkuk, Mosul, Sinjar, Sinuni and any other areas where Mission East may wish to expand
- A positive attitude
Mission East upholds high standards in all aspects of Safeguarding and condemns all forms of abuse and exploitation, takes a zero-tolerance approach to all abuse and exploitation against children or vulnerable individuals and seeks to ensure that no-one is exposed to the risk of maltreatment by its representatives. In accordance with organisational policy:
- In view of the nature of this role potentially requiring involvement with vulnerable individuals (including situations where there are potential imbalances of power), you will be required to provide both a self-assessment and formal certificate of previous good conduct.
- Professional references will be requested and taken up for the successful candidate.
- All Mission East’s staff are required to sign our Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Commitment.
Mission East upholds high standards in Counter Terrorism (COTER) and sanctions regulation compliance. Mission East will conduct a thorough pre-employment background check of successful candidates, including checking through the SDN sanctions lists.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the "Logistics & IT Officer (ME/EBL/050/052021)" in the subject line of the email no later than May 14th, 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.