JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – IT assistant_Erbil
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental, non-profit organization based on the ideas of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be the basic values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We have been providing aid in troubled regions and supporting respect for human rights since 1992. Over the past 20 years, we have grown into one of the largest NGOs in Central Europe. We focus on humanitarian aid, development cooperation, human rights and social integration programs.
People in Need is looking for a self-motivated and experienced IT assistant_Erbil
Place of work: Will be based in Erbil / Erbil Office, with frequent trips to PIN offices in (Duhok, Bartella, Shirqat, Hadita).
- POST DESCRIPTION
- Installing, setting up, follow up of the maintenance, carrying out the maintenance, repair of PIN’s IT and communication material, office equipment or those used by PIN during its activities.
- Being responsible for the overview of material and equipment used by the team, ensuring the supply for his/her domain of activity.
- Following daily activities in IT.
- Providing administrative support to the PIN teams in Erbil and in field offices.
- Being confident and trustful for the dealing with sensitive information (passwords, remote desktop access).
- Ensuring that documents comply with the mandatory internal procedures and donor requirements.
- Other ad-hoc activities as scheduled by the Line Manager or any appointed person.
- Being fluent in English & Arabic.
- Supporting and assisting in other Logistics, procurement and administration tasks (after coordination between each department and IT assistant’s supervisor).
- MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
1- Installing, setting up, follow up of the maintenance, carrying out the maintenance, repair of PIN’s IT and communication material, office equipment or those used by PIN during its activities in Iraq.
- IT activities (set up software, installation of IT service material, computers, printers, office equipment).
- IT, office, and communication (technical support) management and maintenance of Iraq mission.
- Checking that electrical installations is in line with correct and efficient usage of IT equipment.
- Carrying out tests and adjustments before the equipment is put into general use.
- Informing his/her line manager without delay in the event of any problems, identifying the problem in the event of breakdown and reporting to his/her supervisor (if the breakdown is relatively major), advising the latter on the different options available, waiting for his/her supervisor’s green light before any intervention.
- Working on the other following installations: electrical appliances, radio communication equipment (HF, VHF, UHF, sat phone, etc.).
- If necessary, contacting the IT Department in HQ in Prague for advice or additional information.
2- Being responsible for the overview of IT material and equipment used by the team in Iraq mission. Ensuring the supply for his/her domain of activity.
3- Being confident and trustful for the dealing with sensitive information (passwords, remote desktop access).
Preferred skills: Windows OS, Office, Networking, Hardware maintenance, Troubleshooting, etc.
Personal qualities: excellent coordination skills, excellent communication skills, results and efficient solution oriented personality, stress resistance, well organized and self-organized, detail oriented, pro-active and reliable, creative and independent problem solution approach, attendance to details, multitasking, high motivation and willingness to work extra working hours and during weekends in case of emergencies.
- English: Upper-intermediate or Advanced,
- Arabic: Advanced,
- Kurdish advanced.
Applications should include following documents:
- Detailed CV with contact details
- Mobile phone contact
- At least 3 references
- Contact details for last employer
Please send the applications by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “IT assistant_Erbil” by latest 22.03.2018.
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.