The Information Officer is responsible for information management of ACTED’s Communicating with Communities activities – particularly in regard to analysing data and feedback from the innovative community accountability projects that the Communicating with Communities team are working on. The Information Officer supports the Program Manager to implement ACTED’s Communicating with Communities project in Erbil.
- Monitoring the usage of the database and how partners are interacting with it.
- Statistically analysing data. Present and develop information on programmes.
- Assisting with ACTED’s information assessments and service mapping activities.
- Working closely with the CwC team and the partners involved in the Common Service Feedback Mechanism; and refugee camp accountability mechanisms.
- Develop and manage electronic resources including data collection tools such as Kobo.
- Supporting the Programme Manager to strengthen the link between the Communicating with Communities program and other ACTED programmes.
- Facilitate team’s ability to use existing and emerging technology to achieve the project goals Alongside the Programme Manager, oversee the development of new information systems.
B - General tasks
- Providing timely and accurate reports on programme activities.
- Keeping detailed, organized records of project information.
- Undertaking any other tasks, within the framework of his/her position, as requested by his/her supervisor.
- The Information Officer position is office based, and will also require field visits as an essential part of understanding the work in the field. The Officer may occasionally go to the office or field at weekends when needed and/or requested by the Programme Manager.
C – Technical Skills
- Languages: Written and spoken English and Arabic (essential), Kurdish (useful).
- Understanding of statistical analysis (essential).
- Data Analysis on Microsoft Excel (essential).
- Google Sheets (essential).
- Other tools: Kobo Toolbox (important).
- Important but not essential: Microsoft PowerBI (a useful tool for making dashboards eg here).
D – Success Factors
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
- Sense of humour.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for Capability to create strong partnerships among all program stakeholders.
- Attention to detail when working with information and describing the complaints and referral mechanism.
- Ability to learn new skills and new technologies.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines required.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Working in close partnership with other officers, mobilizers and community volunteers in a respectful and effective manner.
APPLY: We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter
(Please mention your permanent address in your CVs)
By e-mail to email@example.com
- Please write the position title in the subject line ex.
(Information Officer- Erbil)
CVs without position subject will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted