iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP Iraq is implementing a project funded by the GIZ. The project, run from iMMAP office in Baghdad, aims at supporting both the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MoHESR) through the creation of tailored interactive online information systems on the labour market situation and capacity building of both ministries regarding information management, monitoring and evaluation and website development and maintenance. The project includes direct support for the ministry staff and on-job support for key users in Baghdad, Basra and Diwanyah
Description of Duties
The Information management assistant will be working closely with the Information management officer to support the web-development team in testing the platforms and managing the information and data as required as well as support the on-job capacity building for the staff of both ministries and key platform users in Baghdad, Basra and Diwanyah.
Information management support
- The IMA is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and support ensuring the effectiveness of data management.
- The IMA will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners, and applicable donor agencies.
- The IMA will support identifying gaps in the current implementing partner’s data and support I data management and analysis.
- The IMA will ensure timely preparation and generation of information products and support information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant implementing partners.
- The IMO will adopt appropriate existing IM tools including that available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level.
- IMA will support the Senior M&E officer with designing data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected are clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector.
- IMA will support the team in conducting Data assessments for partners on the field, conducting field visits, interviews, and data reviews.
- IMA will support the development team with testing digital products and identifying rooms for improvement.
- The IMA will support developing standard formats for developing a regular output for the publication of materials and statistics highlighting the project outcomes
- Manage, analyse, and document data and information.
- Support the development team with system documentation.
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
- Produce an analytical and narrative report of data assessments if required.
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
- Support maintains filing and documentation system accessible for project team and partners.
- Support the dissemination of digital products and support job training for beneficiaries.
- Perform any additional task assigned by the supervisor
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- At least 4 years of working experience with GIS on-field operational level and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the database, and computer networks, and good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- A minimum of 2 year of progressively responsible experience in information management, database management, data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- Previous experience in humanitarian intervention is preferred.
- Experience in working with data collection applications such as KOBO, ODK, or SurveyCTO is highly preferred.
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Good understanding of MS-Access, MS SQL Server, Web design.
- Knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Soft skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English languages is essential.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government and NGOs
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- PHP and HTML
- Power BI
- MS SQL
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How To Apply:
Through IMMAP Career Portal: