- The IEDD Operator is responsible for the rendering safe of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and explosive remnants of war (ERW).
- They are to perform following HALO Iraq Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Act as a member of the overall Clearance Team to plan and coordinate operational activity under the direction of the Team Leader.
- Carry out any other tasks and duties allocated by HALO senior management in support of the team’s efforts to remove the threat of mines and explosives in Iraq.
- Minimum of Level 4 qualification in EOD from Besmyah School of Explosives or a similarly accredited institution.
- Have a hardworking and flexible approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Be willing sometimes to do different tasks and help others.
- Be good at working in a team.
The HALO Trust abides by Iraq labour law and is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum High School or Military Academy
- Knowledge of English Language is an asset but not required.
- During the interview phase, all applicants will undergo a practical test to assess qualifications, regardless of the above experience.
- Level 4 certificate is required.
Preferably; both explosive ordnance disposal within the Iraqi military & at least three years’ experience with a commercial or humanitarian mine and ERW operator in Iraq.
Job to start: September 2020
Working hours: 07.00 – 16.00 (1 hour for lunch break)
Location: Salah Aldin Governorate
Salary: Starting salary for this position is USD$1,300/month
To apply please email a CV (including expected salary) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide two names who can act as references for your application.