About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the GBV Advisor: The GBV Advisor will provide technical expertise and leadership for SEED’s GBV programming. The GBV Advisor will lead the development of effective, evidence-based MHPSS interventions in line with needs, develop guidance and protocols, identify capacity building needs, and devise and deliver training accordingly. The GBV Advisor will train service providers on GBV prevention and response initiatives and provide supervision to the service delivery team to ensure compliance with international standards. The GBV Advisor may also design and deliver training to service providers from other NGOs and government agencies, including on strengthening services and protections for vulnerable individuals. The GBV Advisor will act as a resource for all existing programs and in designing new programs. The GBV Advisor will report to the Director of the Technical Unit and will work closely with management and program staff across all programs. The GBV Advisor is required to travel within Erbil, Sulaimaniya, and Dohuk on a frequent basis.
Technical leadership and program development (40%)
- In collaboration with other members of SEED’s MHPSS Technical Unit, Program Directors, Managers, and Senior Management, develop GBV prevention and response strategies
- Design interventions and develop GBV program modules and activities
- Participate in program design and development, and execution of GBV programming
- Review existing tools and materials used within MHPSS service delivery to enhance the GBV component of SEED services
- Develop clear GBV guidelines and standards consistent with international best practice
- Develop GBV tools, protocols, processes, and policies
- Develop GBV related communications, media, and public awareness content
- Identify, share and adapt resources and materials
- Provide input on safe and ethical data collection and storage
GBV Service Delivery and capacity building (40%)
- Ensure implementation of GBV activities is consistent with SEED objectives and strategies, adjusting as appropriate
- Provide technical supervision, including field-based, individual and group
- Develop modules for PSS activities designed to reduce GBV
- Evaluate staff competencies and identify capacity building needs
- Develop and deliver, or organize, trainings for SEED staff, staff from other organizations, and government agencies
- Contribute to staff development plans and performance appraisals
- Audit GBV case management, documentation, and records
- With other team members, ensure high-quality service delivery in accordance with the Standard of Care for survivors of GBV with diverse experiences and needs, including LGBTQI+ individuals
Monitoring and Evaluation (10%)
- Ensure GBV activities are properly monitored, documented, evaluated, and reported on.
- Support program M&E, including the development of tools, to ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback on PSS interventions
- Make recommendations for program development and course correction
- Contribute to quality reporting
Coordination and Organizational Representation (10%)
- Represent SEED in cluster and working group meetings, with KRG and with donors
- Develop strategic partnerships, work closely with partners, and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide training for external audiences, as requested, including SEED’s Center for MHPSS
- Provide content and input on communications materials including website, promotional materials, and social media, and ensure it complies with SEED’s storytelling policy.
- Masters Degree in social work, gender equality, psychology, law, international development, human rights, or other related fields.
- At least five years of international development and/or humanitarian experience in GBV programming.
- At least three years of experience working in a senior technical or programmatic role.
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Strong experience in supervising GBV services
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience in implementing donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “GBV Advisor” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.