We are Action For Humanity. We provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. As an NGO we are guided by our drive to help others, not by profit. When emergencies strike, we act to save lives and protect the vulnerable. When the emergency is over, we stay and help restore lives.
We were founded in 2011 in the UK by a group of doctors whose sole focus was to provide assistance and aid to those devastated by conflict. For over a decade we have built an expertise in responding to humanitarian needs to benefit the most vulnerable people affected by conflict, disasters, and extreme poverty.
- Accountancy and Financial Management:
- Ensure the finance assistant performs day-to-day accounting registration on a project basis method with proper budget line and UPRN coding.
- Ensure to review and check the Cash and bank books from all the fields and country offices with supporting documents by the end of the month and submit it to the Head of Finance.
- Ensuring the finance assistant archive all the Financial supporting documents and archives them project by project.
- Follow up on all project transactions for accounting purposes.
- Prepare the project expenditure and income details on monthly basis.
- Ensure to have a weekly cash count with the finance assistant and also do the monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare the partner or donor financial reports on a monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Ensure to maintain files with supporting documents and paperwork relating to each expenditure.
- Prepare the monthly HQ reports.
- Ensure all the project advance balances are cleared by the end of the month.
- Provide support to team members in their absence.
- Ensure to have organized archives/scanning various documentation to the cloud system.
- Responsible for preparation of Iraq DNGO yearly report and ensuring it is cleared from the legal accounting system and submits it on time.
- Support with the external auditors and other compliance reviews by the partners.
- Ensure to have the complete supporting documents before doing any payments.
- Update the records to the Quick books on a monthly basis. And ensure all the data has been booked and reconciled.
- Do a frequent backup of the official folder, Quick books back up to the hard drive and clouds.
- Ensure to update and review the data for the Amanacard system for Suppliers and Staff salaries on a timely basis.
- Follow up with HQ and Amanacard team if there are any issues or concerns on a timely basis.
- Ensure to review and submit RFF and RTFs on a timely basis in order not to have any delays in receiving funds from HQ.
- Support the Head of Finance in the preparation of budgets and reports.
- Follow & Implement Additional instructions, tasks, and duties assigned and directed by the line manager.
- Provide technical training to the Field finance and country finance team.
- Create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices within the team.
- Provide financial management orientation to the project managers.
- Associated degree or bachelor’s degree in finance.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with I/NGO in accounting, grants, and compliance; with experience with/knowledge of institutional donors.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent training skills are required, including designing and developing training workshops, and materials, including online materials.
- Excellent Excel and Word skills and experience in other Office applications.
- Ability to take direction but also to work independently in own initiative.
- Good command in handling any Grant tracking tool or software.
Interested candidates can send their updated CVs & cover letters to the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to include the following job code AFH-FC-E-22 within the email's title, applications without a job code won't be considered
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the vacancy can be filled prior to the stated closing date.
All applicants are subject to a satisfactory screening check and 3 professional references including HR of the latest or current employer.
Action for humanity doesn’t discriminate in its recruitment process against any race, religion, or gender and maintains a transparent recruitment process.
The humanitarian intervention of Action for Humanity has no political, or religious affiliation nor has any monetary purpose