Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Duhok, Iraq
Reporting Line: Finance Officer
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the post holder will be working as a Finance Assistant, completing all the day to day finance activities including filing documents, scanning documents, cash and cheque payments. He/she will support the Iraq team and Syria finance team. He/she contributes to the respect of all the administrative processes (Finance, Human Resources and Accounting), and ensures rules and deadlines are handled according to Concern Worldwide standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing payment tracker, printing documents for finance review.
- Filing the documents, scanning vouchers.
- Ensuring all the payment vouchers are referenced, scanned and saved in server
- Ensuring all the payment vouchers are authorized by the budget holders
- Maintaining petty cash, making cash payment
- Following up with field finance to receive the confirmation of receipt
- Performing weekly cash count
- Withdrawal of cash from bank, collecting monthly bank statements
- Updating the cash and bank books on daily basis
- Updating float register, making necessary follow ups for float settlement
- Ensuring all Duhok National and all International timesheets are collected in a timely manner.
- Where required, assist and provide cover for the finance officer in the performance of their duties
- Undertaking other tasks as required and directed by the line manager
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Contribute to the establishment of preventative measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme (as per P4 section 5)
- Support Concerns work in Iraq by undertaking other tasks as directed by the Country Director and Country Financial Controller
- University degree in related field desired
- At least 1 year demonstrated work experience in finance field preferably with NGOs
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector preferred
- Good written and spoken English
- Computer skills (MS office pack; basic excel)
- Trustable, committed, easy going, an ability to function well independently
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and Syria Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please forward your updated CV to: email@example.com
Please clearly note the position applied for and make sure to put the position title in the email subject line.
Application Closing Date: 26/02/2020.
Please note that Concern Worldwide reserves the right to shortlist and interview qualified candidates prior to the closing date of the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email.