The Duty Driver, will make sure that NPA vehicles are well maintained and ready for use at any time. The Driver is also responsible for daily basic maintenance for the vehicles.
· The Duty Driver is responsible for driving all NPA personnel to project site location and other places linked to NPA activities.
· The Duty Driver should be on duty according to NPA working hours, after working hours, weekends and holidays.
· Drives the vehicle for transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of equipment, stores, documents and any other items as required;
· Responsible for looking after the allocated duty vehicle/s including all daily maintenance checks, mileage and fuel usage records and ensuring regular and timely services are conducted.
· Ensure vehicles are prepared daily for deployment including the necessary tool kits,
· Responsible for ensuring the all passengers are wearing safety belts.
· Maintains daily vehicle logs, provides inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
· Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
· Ensure that the driving rules of the Government of Iraq are adhered to.
· Report all accidents and incidents involving driver’s or NPA’s equipment.
· Meet all NPA’s requirements as outlined in the vehicle policy.
· Responsible for Assisting & performing all Logistic duties as required by line supervisor.
The Duty Driver is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represents the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
The position is based in Erbil.
· Having at least 3 year experience in working as Driver with NGOs
· Good knowledge of the streets and other KRG cities.
· Hold a valid driving licence.
· High sense of responsibility.
· Positive and communicative attitude.
· Having ability to read and wirte (Kurdish/ or Arabic)
· Work within the framework of NPA core values
· Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and conduct
· Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations and procedures
· Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, you will be liable for repair or replacement
· Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care
· Ensure a safe workplace and protect all staff and equipment from damage/ injury
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to: HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date March 22, 2018
Please mention the vacancy title/place: Erbil-Duty Driver in subject box of your email, CVs received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.