- Undertake all assigned driving tasks, including the transportation of MAG international and national staff, equipment, materials, packages and messages.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is well-maintained and adequately equipped for journeys, in accordance with MAG policies and procedures.
- Reporting and following up any issues or problems that arise with vehicles.
- Transport funds and conduct minor procurements (in accordance with relevenat MAG policies and procedures).
- Provide assistance with loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Maintain general awareness of security procedures and guidelines in place; follow them and report any security-related incidents or risks/threats.
- Ensure that the MAG staff travelling in MAG vehicles are kept advised of any general security information while traveling.
- Maintain confidentiality of assigned tasks.
- Ensure any information gained whilst in the presence of the MAG staff remains confidential, unless specifically authorised otherwise.
- Drive in accordance with all local traffic regulations at all times.
- Ensure adherence to MAG driver policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Reports any personal condition (including medications) that may impair the ability to drive.
- Maintain log sheets on a daily basis and accurately record mileage, journeys made and fuel received.
- Have a good knowledge of operating sectors/environment, including roads and businesses.
- When designated, work an unsocial hours pattern to collect and deliver personnel to and from Erbil International Airport.
- When designated, work as an out of hours Duty Driver.
- Other duties as directed, in accordance with programme requirements.
Person selection criteria
The post holder must:
- Hold a full valid driving licence with clean record.
- Able to drive manual and automatic vehicles. 4x4 driving experience is desirable.
- Be competent to conduct a Daily vehicle Checks and fill in the Check log sheet.
- Be prepared to work some weekends and evenings in accordance with the needs of the MAG Iraq programme
- Have no medical conditions which may cause unforseable loss of control of the vehicle.
- Be able to read a vehicle number plate from 20 metres (with glasses of contact lenses as necessary).
- Be physically fit and able to change a spare wheel alone.
- Should not have other employment unless agreed by MAG management.
- Diplomatic with good verbal communication skills.
- Qualified candidates of duty location will be given preferences
- Self-motivated and pro-active with the ability to work independently.
Application procedure for the position
All interested candidates in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English to this email: [email protected]
Please note that candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All the Applicants must mention the job title (Driver) in the subject line of their email.
• With no job title in the subject line,
• Sent through links and
• Duplicate applications will be disqualified.
** MAG is an equal opportunities employer.
** MAG Iraq does not charge any fees for Job applications.
Closing date for applications is 12-Dec-2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
Disclaimer: We hereby alert you of potential fraudulent and misleading attempts by individuals who may use MAG’s identity / brand to mislead others by offering fake jobs and/or tenders on behalf of MAG in return for a financial price or any other related request for their own personal interest. Please also note that MAG’s employees do not engage in any offers related to job vacancies and tendering and MAG Iraq doesn’t have any recruitment intermediaries to hire services on its behalf. MAG therefore denounces any fraudulent or dishonest impersonations and will take disciplinary, legal or any other appropriate measures against anyone proven to have been involved in fraud, bribery, or corruption, or anyone who was aware of its existence and did not take any action against it. To report any such cases, please reach out to us via e-mail: [email protected]