Job Information Dog Handlers NGO InformationJob Information
Governorate Al Anbar
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education High School
Minimum Experience Less then 1 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 3
Published Date 2021-09-02
Deadline Date 2021-09-07Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Finished deminer’s course
- Finished NPA dog handler’s course
- Good cooperating ability, both with national and international personnel
- Work in the mine clearance operations in responsible and professional manner.
- To be responsible for health’s and physical condition of MDD’s assigned to him/her.
- Conduct a maintenance training wit his/her MDD’s according NPA GTC methodology.
- Be aware of own MDD’s capabilities, as well as limitations and adapt to them.
Fulfil such other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the MDD Project Coordinator
- Work in the minefield according the plan and instructions
- Takes care of all MDD’s assigned to him/her on a daily basis.
- Conduct maintenance training, physical training and other trainings according instructions.
- When required, prepare dogs for accreditation process and go trough the test.
- Take care and use equipment on a proper way, and report immediately any damage or loss.
- Act as a team leader if required.
- Conduct a daily MDD’s health’s check and report immediately sickness or injury.
- Participate in marking, site preparations and other activities in mine field.
- Participate in MEDEVAC exercise and be ready in case of MEDEVAC.
- Physically train with the dogs.
- Helps out during the medical checks and veterinary interventions.
Team leader’s tasks
- Daily test on MDD’s
- Plan task execution in accordance to SOP
- Ensure that all participants in operation are following SOP
- Control of equipment and maintenance
- Is responsible for team’s equipment
- Fill in the log book, progress map and other records.
- Is responsible for quality control on a daily basis
- Coordinate MEDEVAC exercises with medic personnel
- Control hygiene in the kennel and other objects of MDD team
- Terminate all operations or activities if they are not according safety standards
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their C. Vs via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be EHR-21-043
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English Language.
- Links to C. Vs will not be considered.
- C.Vs without home address will not be considered.
- NPA is an equal opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call.
- Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply.