JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
The Community Mental Health Worker is responsible for:
The Community Mental Health Worker performs basic counselling and educational activities to patients, families, communities, following MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve the health condition of the patient.
- Providing optimal support (preventive and psychosocial) to people with mental health and psychosocial needs at community level.
- Producing and providing mental health & psychosocial education information and basic support (psychological first aid) to target groups
- Identifying and refer persons in need of mental health and psychosocial support for counseling or psychological support to psychologist, counselor or other mental health staff.
Contract type: Fixed-term contract for one year, with possibility of renewal
Working hours: 50% contract.
Vacancy location: Based in Sadiya
No. of position: 2
Intended Start date: ASAP
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed at minimum secondary school.
- Fluent in Arabic (spoken and written); fluency in Kurdish and another language spoken in Kurdistan an advantage. English language skills desirable
- Previous work experience in a Mental Health program desirable
- Previous work experience with an NGO desirable
- Previous experience working in IDP and/or refugee camps is an added advantage
- A genuine interest in people and mental health issues.
Please send your application in English or Arabic (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to: Email: email@example.com (please indicate in the subject “Community Mental Health Worker”)
You may also drop in your hardcopy CV in the vacancy box located in KHQ Office, Alwand, Sadiya PHCC and Jalawla PHCC.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION LETTER: Sunday, 18th of February 2018 (5:00pm)