Cashier 1 is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in the sub-delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC's rules on financial management. As Welcome Assistant, oversees the department’s files bearing financial implications ensuring in their management a proper application of financial rules and guidelines as well as Welcome principles. Overall, acts as an internal advisor and implementer for the Welcome department in all matters that liaise both the Welcome and the Finance departments.
• Handles the delegation's cash disbursements and payments, including salaries, medical bills, daily worker, perdiems and working advances.
• Prepares invoices for payment (by cash, check or bank transfer), checking and recording it in relevant files.
• Carries out daily cash count and reconciliation.
• Participates in cash-flow management, ensuring sufficient liquidity. Handles cash replenishment from the bank.
• Files and reports on relevant documents. Supports accounting team for preparation of monthly accounting documents printing and packing.
• Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to "clients".
• Pre-plans and prepares cash in envelops, may go to the field and deal directly with daily workers and other suppliers for daily or monthly payments.
• Follows up phone communication monthly payment, doing SR for credit/debit phone cards and recharging all Iraq Post Paid lines and In Charge of monthly Erbil and Dohuk telephone landlines payment for Newroz Telecom Company.
• Informs their supervisors and staff as soon as the medical bills, periderms and other bills are fully signed and pays them.
• Monitors Erbil Sub Delegation Working Advance Balances and aging of open Work Advances.
• Coordinates with FAD (Finance and Administrator) Manager for Cash Availability and Cash Movements between Safes and from Bank to office
• Facilitates various payments outside the office.
• Updates various monitoring lists such Bank Transfer line Reference list, Bank Balance Monitoring List and WAD (Work Advance) Numbering list.
• Assists the Welcome department in administrative activities as requested.
• Ensures that all financial rules and guidelines are duly observed in the requesting, validation, documentation and payment of all expenses within the Welcome department.
• Oversees invoice reception, review, processing, and submission to the finance department for payment.
• Ensures that all invoices received are properly supported with the necessary supporting documents in each case and coordinates with different departments to obtain all relevant records.
• Reviews jointly with other Welcome team members all workshop/seminar requests to determine the proper administrative procedure for their implementation.
• Follows up with the requesting department and Logistics on the implementation of correct administrative procedures for workshop/seminar requests.
• In the absence of any Welcome team member, supports the team in the handling of Welcome files, with a focus on the files that are related to the tasks assigned above.
• Maintains a constant and smooth flow of communication with Welcome’s main interlocutors. Is the department’s focal point in all interactions with external suppliers.
Education and Professional Experience required:
• Diploma certificate or High School Degree. Degree in Accounting an asset.
• 2 years' experience in a similar field an asset.
• Fluent command in Kurdish and English language, Arabic an asset.
• Computer literacy.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations.
Clearly marked to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).