As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. In order to ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
The cluster “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” aims at improving the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by activities in four areas:
- Support the government in building structures and expertise to implement successful, needs-based economic reforms
- Strengthening SMEs and entrepreneurship to achieve job creation
- Improving market-based job readiness of Iraqi labor force in classical and digital sector including Entrepreneurship
- Supporting re-integration and creating long-term perspectives for Returnees
- Strengthening social cohesion by increasing the availability of sportive and psychosocial activities
Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We believe that only by combining social responsibility, ecological balance, political participation, and economic capability will current and future generations be able to lead secure and dignified lives.
The position holder is responsible for
- Assist in implementation of Cluster activities in accordance with the work plan;
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents
- Draft routine correspondence for Cluster implementation
- Assist in procurement processes for conference/seminar services or other procurement actions foreseen in Cluster
- Collect, compile and organize background materials, documents and other materials for meetings
- Prepare inputs to reports, summaries, graphs and inputs to presentations in support to various Cluster activities
- Provide support to the organization of workshops and meetings being responsible for visa arrangements, flights booking, meeting facilities and accommodations, social program, catering, participant lists, travel claims;
- Is responsible for meeting logistics; meeting rooms, audio -visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures, travel claims;
- Maintain the Cluster filing system;
- Compile and prepare inputs to PI/PR materials as requested;
- Support implementation of Cluster-related communication activities
- Preform any other duties as required such as translating documents, recording minutes, etc.
Qualifications and specialist area
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in project administration and implementation in an international organization context.
- bachelor’s degree in business administration or a similar field
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in managing conflict priorities and working with tight deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies and mandatory (written and spoken)
- German language skills are an advantage
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time.
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-ECON22-090) Cluster Assistant Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications